Adventuring

by Tessa on May 15, 2013

in France, Trips & Travels

WindThe Road to SomewhereWindWindWindThe months seem to fly by! We’re already in May and in what’ll seem like only a few days, it’ll end. June will fly by just as quickly and then it’ll be me flying home to the states! When I talk with my friends at home, I feel as if the day of our flight couldn’t come soon enough, but once I’m out walking around this amazing city, I feel as though I could never leave! I have two homes now and I’ve realized that I can’t live in either country without missing the other!
My definition of an “adventure” has changed since living here. I used to spend my time at malls but when there are museums and cathedrals, alleys and street markets to explore, malls seem so dull! Sometimes, I get off the metro at a stop I’ve never been to before just to wander through someplace new and see what gems are to be found! We took these photos on the side of the road in France. I saw the green field and tree lined street and had my dad pull over just to take pictures! I would never have imagined that a field would excite me! I never wandered through my home city in California to find cool and unusual areas, so I’m excited to do just that. I’m excited to look at my own country through different eyes; through the eyes of someone looking for an adventure, through the eyes of someone who wants to find every gem in the city, and wander through every nook and cranny. Do you explore your city? What do your adventures look like?

facebook
Bloglovin
Be Sociable, Share!
Courtney May 27, 2013 at 3:02 pm

How amazing that you get to adventure and live in another part of the world! I agree…malls are so boring now and why waste your time spending your time and money on things that fade instead of collecting memories and sharing those moments with people you love?

I’m so glad I came across your blog, it has inspired me today!
-Courtney

Tessa May 31, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Oh I so agree with your logic! Life seems more full and wonderful when you’re experiencing new things and making so many memories! Your trip to India looked ah-may-zing!

Emma May 23, 2013 at 7:34 am

I can DEFINITELY relate. i seriously miss living in Europe, the kinds of adventures there were ones i will never forget. and i miss them especially this summer. i can’t believe it’s been a full year. Enjoy you’re time. every last second, i’m living vicariously through you

Tessa May 31, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Isn’t it just an awesome experience!? I hope i’ll find ways to come back more as well as ways to adventure and experience new things in the states.

Kitty Cat Stevens May 17, 2013 at 12:08 am

i love these photos— you can tell how much fun you are having!

Lisa @ Making Lifes Lemons May 16, 2013 at 1:52 pm

After I lived abroad I felt the same way. I missed Guatemala so much it hurt. It finally passed, but I still miss it a lot.

Have you been going to school while you were there? What is your plan now for when you come back to the states?

xo Lisa
Making Life’s Lemons

Tessa May 16, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I’ve been doing online high school courses here so I do my schoolwork in the morning and then head out into the city or blog in the afternoon. In the beginning of September, I’ll be heading to the university so at least I’ll be very busy and it’ll keep my mind off España.
And that is so awesome that you lived in Guatemala! What were you there for?

Lisa @ Making Life's Lemons May 19, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I’m glad I checked back to see if you responded!

That’s so cool that you got a chance to go abroad while still in high school! Sounds like you have even more exciting adventures ahead!

I was there studying while in college. It is probably my favorite country yet!

deana May 16, 2013 at 3:37 am

You have the most amazing nature scenes! (there is a better way to word that, but <– will do for now) I love the pictures! Keep sharing! You are going back to the U.S? be ready for the heat -_- depends where you go of course :)
-Deana, from Birds&Oxfords

Comments on this entry are closed.

Previous post: