Well, 2013 is finally here!! And I’ve been thinking about my goals for this year and how I can enjoy life more and get more out of life and my time in Spain. I didn’t want to set goals that were so monumental they would be stressful, but rather goals that are small things, that I can work on daily or weekly, so that, by the end of the year, they will have enabled a monumental change.
1. Take a walk everyday – Sometimes, there are those days where I’m hyper focused on schoolwork or my blog or I’m deep in a book and too comfy to do anything else, that I don’t do anything in this amazing city of mine! My favorite days are when I hop on my bike and head out into the city. SO, I’ve made it a goal to take a walk and leave the apartment everyday, even if it’s just for a few blocks, and discover something new.
2. Take more pictures – I love taking pictures but I don’t take them a lot (my dad’s super into photography, so all of my outfit photos are taken by him). However, when we go on walks, there are so many beautiful things to capture on camera and share with you, but I don’t have the camera with me. I want to make it a habit to take my camera along with me and take more photos so I can 1) become a better photographer, 2) have more photos to look back at when this chapter of my life is over, and 3) learn to have a more creative eye.
3. Make something each week – I have so much fun doing DIYs and I have tons of ideas spilling out of my head, but rarely do I actually sit down and just make something! So, to add a little more creativity to my life and a little more spunk to my room, I want to make one thing a week, whether it’s big or small, or for my room, closet, or a family member.
4. Try a new hair-do each week – I know this goal is random, but how many of you have about 90 pins on a hair board on pinterest but have neeeever even tried one of them!? Yeah, me too! Well, actually I have 140…. Anyways, I want to get crafty and try new things and be a little outrageous with my hair!! This is going to be my fun goal and it’ll aaalso be fun to share it with you here!
5. Learn 4 new words in Spanish each day – I need to expand my vocabulary, I keep resorting to the same words. My goal is to memorize 2 verbs and all its conjugations as well as 2 nouns a day. It may seem like a small goal, but that makes it do-able. After a week I will have learned 28 words and in a month I’d know approx. 112 new words and after 3 months, that’s approx. 336 words and so on (as long as I don’t forget them). You get the picture.
6. Smile more - Before my brother left on a mission to AZ, my mom gave him a challenge that she named the 365 Smile challenge. It’s about smiling every day (hence the 365) but to be more specific, the challenge is to smile at 14 people a day (3+6+5=14). It may seem like an easy thing to do, but if you count how many people you smile at, you’d be surprised that rarely do you actually smile at that many people! I LOVE seeing people on the streets that are just smiling. It makes ME want to smile. Smiling makes a difference in your own life, and it can make a difference in someone else’s, even if just for a moment. Smiles are contagious… and I want to be EXTRA contagious this year.
What are your goals for this new year!?
Provecho!! Tessa Lynn